Friday, July 31, 2009

Greatest Coach of all time is...

Dare I say it but Phil Jackson is the greatest coach of all time. To get political I’ll say why. John Wooden’s legacy remains in tact and is well deserved but the playing field wasn’t even yet. In the 90’s I believe racial equality was more present during Phil’s run coaching the Chicago Bulls. Don’t misunderstand me The Celtics, Lakers, and Bruins were awesome but those teams were still cracking racial barriers. In the 90’s African American men really started believing in the American dream. Society was changing. We were now on as many magazine covers as everyone else and Phil Jackson coached a man named Michael Jordan to be the greatest of all-time. It’s not just the records or rings but it’s the stature of your legacy. I honestly believe that as the Michael Jordan statue stands in front of the United Center there should also be one of Phil Jackson close by admiring his work. For how great Michael is, he knows he couldn’t have achieved half of his success without Phil Jackson. So for the greatest player of all time I credit the Greatest Coach of all time…Phil Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. What about Red Auerbach, I believe the first black player in NBA played for the Celtics. Red won 9 chips

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first black player is not an even playing field. That's my point.

    ReplyDelete